The Book of Acts is one of the most inspiring books of the New Testament. It is also one of the most important, building a bridge between the life of Christ (the four gospels) and the New Testament letters. Without a good understanding of Acts, it is difficult to make sense of the letters. This course provides a detailed study of the Book of Acts.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the book in the light of its historical and cultural background.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Luke’s purpose for writing the book.
- Understand the meaning of some of the more difficult passages in the book.
- Make practical applications for the principles presented in the book, both at church and personal level.
- Lecturer+: Cornelia van Deventer