Every Christian needs to understand Islam. With an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims, Islam is the world’s second largest religion. Experts forecast that it will become the largest religion during this century. If you do not already live amongst Muslims, the chances are that you soon will. You need to understand their faith and their mission. If you want to carry out Christ’s commission to make disciples of all nations, you need to engage Muslims with the gospel and to refute Islam as an ideology.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of the origin, history, writings, doctrine, and structure of Islam.
- Critique the claim that Yahweh and Allah are the same God.
- Compare and contrast the character and role of Muhammad (the founder of Islam) with that of Jesus Christ (the founder of Christianity).
- Compare and contrast the missional objectives and strategies of Islam with those of Christianity.
- Critique methods and models of presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ to Muslims.
- Lecturer+: Tawanda Maenzanise