In a world saturated with sin, there is no way that Christians are going to be living perfectly healthy trouble free lives. Therefore, leaders and others need to develop the necessary skills to help strengthen the Body of Christ. This is where a course like this one will be of great benefit. This is a very important course, especially if the student wants to be a leader.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate broad understanding of Christian counselling as a field within pastoral care, including its terminology, basis, goals, and techniques.
- Appreciate the changes that take place in different stages of life, and use this knowledge to enrich your own life as a counsellor.
- Use the Bible appropriately as a counselling tool for people struggling with personal issues such as anxiety, unforgiveness, depression, and illness.
- Help people to cope better with child rearing, violence, abuse, crises, and grief.
- Lecturer: Sue Pnematicatos