MIS3121 World Religions examines five major world religions, excluding Christianity. There is a unit each on Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, and African Traditional Religion.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe important characteristics of the African people and the differing religious views they hold.
- Identify and explain pertinent aspects of Islam.
- Explain Jewish Messianic expectations and Jesus Christ.
- Explain the origins, worldview, and major points to the belief system of the Hindu people.
- Demonstrate understanding of the foundations and key influences of Buddhism.
- Lecturer+: Jill Gorven