This course teaches you how to construct a sermon, especially and expository sermon, step by step. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the task of expository preaching.
- Discuss different types of expository preaching.
- Formulate the proposition of an expository sermon.
- Construct a purpose statement and sermon structure.
- Develop effective introductions and conclusions.
- Apply the techniques of effective pulpit speech.
- Analyse the unique challenges presented by diverse preaching contexts or methods: (a) ethical/social issues, (b) children, and (c) storytelling.
- Lecturer: Pelham Lessing