Salvation is often misunderstood, poorly taught, or important aspects of salvation are neglected. This course seeks to offer a holistic theology of salvation. You are required to formulate theology on various expressions of salvation, as well as learn and engage with contemporary issues related to the doctrine of salvation, in an effort to proclaim the gospel effectively and accurately.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an accurate understanding of the true gospel message in contrast to the deviant ‘prosperity gospel’.
- Explain the meaning and significance of the humanity and deity of Christ and the exaltation of Christ.
- Identify the impact of your convictions regarding synergism and monergism on your philosophy and practice in ministry.
- Articulate the meaning and significance of the various atonement themes.
- Apply the doctrines of union with Christ, justification, adoption and regeneration in ministry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the doctrines of sanctification, perseverance and glorification.
- Articulate the significance of the regeneration of creation in God’s salvation plan.
- Review the book, Spectacular Atonement, offering contextualisation of the cross of Christ in an African perspective.