MySats is the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used at South African Theological Seminary (SATS). MySats is based on Moodle, a free open source software package designed using sound pedagogical principles, to help educators create effective online learning communities. Moodle is distributed under the GNU General Public License.
MySats provides a range of features for the delivery, support, administration and participation in teaching and learning activities. The features include content delivery and collaboration between tutors and learners, such as:
Purpose of the Site Policy
The purpose of the MySats Site Policy is to specify user responsibilities and to promote the appropriate use of MySats for the protection of all members of the SATS community. The Site Policy applies both within and outside the SATS premises.
Please note that users include ad hoc learners attending short courses at SATS.
Users of MySats must agree to:
1. Not use MySats for anything else other than for the purposes of teaching, learning and research. However, incidental personal use, for example via the MySats social forums, is acceptable.
2. Not use MySats for personal commercial use, for example marketing.
3. Not use MySats for uploading, storing, viewing or transmitting any material which is (or may be considered to be) defamatory, inflammatory, discriminatory, obscene or offensive.
4. Not misrepresent SATS or bring it into disrepute in any way through the use of MySats.
5. Be responsible for moderating discussion forums which they may have created.
6. Always act in a professional manner. Be polite and courteous to others when using MySats. MySats is not to be used to libel, slander, or harass any other persons.
7. Report to the Site Administrator or a member of staff any content you consider inappropriate.
8. Not plagiarise in submitted postings or assignments.
9. Not breach the copyright of SATS or any third party by copying from MySats without authorisation. Copyright of the course materials and content of MySats are owned or controlled by SATS unless otherwise stated. Any copies of third party materials will be clearly labelled with warnings about any copyright restrictions.
10.Not re-distribute the material downloaded from this site in any form.
11.Only attempt to access courses in which you are formally enrolled (i.e. those courses which you are attending as a registered or auditing student).
12.Always use your real identity, including your first and last name.
13.Not disclose other people’s personal information on a public forum.
Material not conforming to these requirements will be removed from MySats.
You agree that some material will not be provided via MySats and that it is at the sole discretion of the individual tutor if they wish to post material to MySats.
You use MySats at your own risk. All material is posted “as is” without warranty of its accuracy. If you have any doubts about the veracity and accuracy of material posted on MySats, you should consult the Site Administrator or a member of staff.
Your Responsibilities and Data Protection
Users of MySats must agree to:
1. Look after their own username and password. Do not share your password with anyone else and do not use the username and password of other users.
2. Keep physical access to MySats secure. For example, do not login to MySats and then leave your computer unattended. You must not allow any other individual to log-in using your username and password.
3. Not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of MySats.
4. Not post material which contains viruses or other programs which may disrupt SATS's systems.
5. Not upload private, confidential or sensitive material unless this is authorised.
6. Keep their own data up-to-date and secure.
7. Not post material which promotes terrorism or radicalisation or any illegal activity.
8. Understand that SATS will not take responsibility for any loss of information, which has been posted on MySats, once users cease to be formally associated with SATS.
Certain activities will be regarded very seriously by SATS and are subject to severe penalties for users, including suspension of use of MySats.
These activities include deliberate interruption to the use of MySats; gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to any part of MySats or information stored therein; unauthorised disclosure of personal data; willful or reckless infringement of any intellectual property rights of SATS or third parties; and the viewing, transmitting or storing any material which is (or may be considered to be) defamatory, inflammatory, discriminatory, obscene or offensive.